|The PAC SWI-X, which is equivalent to Peripheral's PESWIX, is a learning remote which allows you to retain the use of your steering wheel or rear seat radio controls when replacing the factory head unit. The SWI-X will interface most aftermarket stereos into most vehicles with steering wheel or rear seat audio controls. Works with virtually all aftermarket radios with wireless infrared remote capability. The SWI-X also retains the use of heater control buttons on GM vehicles. The Patent Pending SWI-X features just can't be beat...
• Work with Alpine, Blaupunkt, Clarion, Eclipse, JVC, Kenwood, Panasonic, Pioneer Rockford, Sanyo, Sony or just about any other brand out there.
• Assigned the buttons on the steering wheel with any infrared function on the remote. Don't be stuck with specific functions you don't want.
• With select Alpine headunits, the SWI-X can be modified to directly plug into the remote port of the Alpine headunit.
• The SWI-X covers Acura, Audi, BMW, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, GMC, Honda, Hummer, Infiniti, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lincoln, Mazda, Mercury, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Saab, Toyota and Volkswagan. It also covers Harley Davidson motorcycles as well.
Note: The SWI-X interfaces will only work with infrared remotes that use the common 38-40kHz carrier frequency. Consult with equipment manufacturer to determine the carrier frequency.
SWI-X Application Guide
SWI-X Programming Guide
Currently these radios are NOT compatible with the SWI-X: Sony XAV-7W, CDX-MP80, CDX-MP70, CDX-M850MP, CDX-M3DI, CDX-M800, CDX-CA900X, MEX-5D1, MEX-1HD,CDX-M730, CDX-M770, CDX-M7815X, CDX-M620, CDX-M670, CDX-CA850X, CDX-M9905X, CDX-CA860X.
- The SWI-X is designed to be universal so it can interface analog or serial data steering wheels.
- The SWI-X converts the signals generated by the factory remote location controls into infrared signals.
- Easily programmed or reprogrammed using the factory controls and the head units remote control.
- After installation, the headunit's remote control can still be used.
- The SWI-X may be programmed as many times as desired.
- The simple installation and programming procedures are included in the units instructions.
- Works with virtually all aftermarket radios with wireless infrared remote capability.
- The SWI-X retains steering wheel heater controls in GM cars.
- Can be custom made to plug into Alpine's DIN 1/2 stereos directly.
SWI-X (Peripheral PESWIX) Universal Steering Wheel Radio Control Interface